Friday, November 2, 2007

Fall Migration - Genesee Valley Quilt Club (GVQC)

To see the pictures bigger, just click on the slideshow and it will take you to Picasa and you can see the show there.

Well, as far as we can tell, GVQC is the oldest continuously meeting non-church affiliated quilt club in the country. The final verdict is yet to be determined. We certainly have the best documentation.


Every other fall and maybe every fall from now on, we have something called Fall Migration. Today I found out from Janet Root why it is called that! The first time she and Roz Smith facilitated one of the fall gatherings, they used blocks that featured geese so their theme for the year was Fall Migration. It was never intended to be called that forever, but the name stuck. We spend the day quilting on some usually fairly simple pattern but with lots of variations. We have a catered continental breakfast and a buffet lunch at one of the local party houses. A good time is always had by all and we always meet new people.

I tried to get pictures of everyone's projects, but some were just too fast in holding them up and then taking them down. I also didn't know everyone's name but will do my best! So below are some the pictures from the day. I also included a slide show with more pictures. which will take you to my Picasa page for a slide show if you click on it. Also the pictures will get much bigger if you click on them on this page. I managed to almost finish my lapsized project made with leftovers from the Fall Migration two years ago. All I had to cut were the white snowballs. It was fast and fun!



Marianna Zimmer and Barbara Brummond are sewing away diligently!
Mary Anne Smith at the beginning of her very colorful version.
This is my humble beginning. I did manage to almost finish the top by the end of the day. It was made with the scraps from Fall Migration two years ago and I still have some of those squares left!!

No comments: