Saturday, May 23, 2009

Despite What Martha Stewart Says, It is Called Marbling, not Marblelizing!!

Well, sleep was interrupted by the sound of a critter somewhere in the walls of my house. Banging on the walls at 5 in the morning at least moved it to where I couldn't hear it scratching anymore. Warren will get to deal with that when he gets home -- just hope it isn't squirrels!

I worked the size right down to the bottom of the pan which makes cleanup a lot easier! Hardly any stuff to get rid of and proved to myself that as long there is size, there is a print and you can get really clean prints despite a very dirty looking size. The secret is definitely and for sure changing the rinsing water much, much more frequently than I did before! I am thinking that maybe a window screen would be even better and then I would gently pour some water over the print unfolded. As the print is wider than the bucket, some folding is inevitable. Things are looking pretty clean though! I am amazed at how the paints will stretch all out and then will contract even without adding other paints. Some of the paints that are stronger and already there will take over ownership once again. It is time to make some more size tonight. I have another six yards of fabric ready to be marbled.

You can see I am moving back to more color again with the neutrals as the backdrop. I only have one blue and one yellow that I have added though.

This is far, far too much fun -- too bad my hands can't stay cleaner -- my barrier cream will be here hopefully next week and that will make cleanup a lot easier!


Still more color.


My first print of the day today and sticking with the neutrals.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are fabulous! I especially like the first one with the very dark veining going through it and the brown on the bottom. They are all really beautiful!