Friday, May 15, 2009

Etc.

Okay, twice in one day -- that's dedication. This azalea did nothing for the first 25 years of it's life and then we moved it. It has amply rewarded us for the past two years!!

I couldn't resist sharing my latest marbled pieces. I am at one with my size and can't stop myself. I also did four pairs of socks and finally got a couple that were okay (I am a bit of a tough critic). So now I have to order more socks from Dharma!! I still have some thin socks to do and they do marble beautifully.

I do love the colors of these three pieces a lot!! Double click for a closer view. Each one is a fat quarter -- that is what the past few days of pieces have been. These were all made using just one Golden red, one bright blue and the white mixed with my Pro Chem pigments to get yellow. I just mix willy-nilly. Can't even remember now which of the colors is faster but they all behave pretty much the same.




This was literally made with the dregs of the paints so I was mixing all my mixed colors together, thus getting the gold (lavender mixed with yellow) and of course the turquoises (just a teense of yellow with the blues). Great, great fun and satisfies my appetite for color.

No comments: